Call for Submission of Papers on Best Practices on Climate Change Adaptation
Specifications of the paper
CCA best practices papers should provide and present substantial information and key developments on noteworthy CCA practices and initiatives which have had measurable significant impacts on any of the following issue-areas: (1) Policy/Law; (2) Governance; and (3) Community Involvement.
Each paper must concentrate on a specific CCA project and must be policy-oriented and pragmatic. In particular, the paper should include (but not limited to) the following elements:
- A background and description of the key features of the CCA project;
- Issues and problems encountered in the planning and implementation of the project;
- Strategies adopted to address those issues and problems;
- A detailed explanation of why the project can be considered as a best practice, including the extent of its key results and impact; and
- Conclusion and recommendations (i.e. policies, strategies, etc.) for project replication.
Authors of selected papers may be invited to an international conference entitled “Best Practices on Climate Change Adaptation”, which will be held in September 2013, in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. The best papers may also be included in the CALD Handbook of Best Practices on Climate Change Adaptation.
For more information, please see the attached PDF.
The deadline for submission is 5 August 2013.