BEST PRACTICE IN:
Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (MENR)
Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Asian Development Bank (ADB) Climate Change Fund
The project technical assists the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (MENR) in implementation of climate change adaptation strengthening efforts.
Capacity building for climate change adaptation
Provision of technical assistance (TA) to government in implementation of climate change adaptation efforts
• To strengthen the capacity of agencies to implement environmental and social safeguards; and
• To promote climate change initiatives.
At present, there is a large disparity in the level of education, information, and awareness on climate change risks, issues, and responses at the regional, national, and local levels, and within vulnerable sectors.
Ongoing, Interim results of the Technical Assistance are as follows:
• Completion of MTR mission (6-9 September 2010);
• Participation in TA Final Workshop (16-17 November 2010) at Colombo;
• GOSL endorsement of Climate Change Adaptation Strategy provided; and
• Dissemination of TA outputs successful based on wide and high level participation of stakeholders and high media interest and coverage of the event.