Climate Change Enabling Activity (Additional Financing for Capacity Building in Priority Areas)
BEST PRACTICE IN:
National Environment Commission Secretariat (NECS), Royal Government of Bhutan (RGoB)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)-Global Environment Facility (GEF)
• Identifying technology and capacity building needs;
• Building of a data collection and analysis system for proper data collection that would help in future inventories and assessments;
• Imparting of education and training for development of national emission factors and GHG inventories; and
• Setting up of a permanent implementing organization to deal with climate change activities with the national environment secretariat.
Improvement of future inventories and communications
To understand the priority areas for technology transfer and capacity building
To supplement the human resources and technological know-how required for assessments of national emission factors, etc.
(It seems to focus on mitigation rather than adaptation.)
• Under the project, a local consultant was appointed for assistance in project management;
• Inception workshop and first stakeholder consultation was conducted to identify key areas for technology transfer; and
• Produced first draft of stocktaking report and prioritizing methodology, and circulated to the stakeholders, UNDP Country Office and UNDP National Communication Support Programme.